Sunday, February 28, 2010

As the time creeps closer

I have been assigned my Tysabri treatment location site and it is quite close. I have procrastinated sending a simple income statement which then allows the drug company to pay in full for the next two years.

I guess I feel like I am playing Russian roulette. Chances of pml are 1 in 10,000 to 1in 100,000. Of the 200,000+ people taking it, I think the current number is 7 and in one gentleman it was caught and he had plasma exchange and he returned to work. I have got in touch with a guy I knew who got diagnosed in college while we were learning to become OT assistants and he is on this medication and raves about how good it is. 

He is also real positive about the drug we are all waiting on, the one that in studies seems to be freezing m.s. where it's at. If that is really the case, I can safely put away my fears of one day loosing control of my body as my largest lesion is c2.

I am also against all odds in love. I tried a service met one guy who I really want to hang with, but in growing my mafia on face book I met a man. I am absolutely crazy about him. I had lumped him in the married, gay or really, really far away category then he had surgery, major surgery. He has no parents to speak of and his closest relative was in Florida. I knew he could get  better medical care here and we could find a way to work together. We are poetry in motion. We just groove together like we had always been together.

We have so many similar interests that its almost humorous. I turned on my play list and there wasn't anything that he didn't enjoy as well.I will be able to help him rehab his arm and he has a calm aura, but he deals so appropriately with the kids. He will be working before we know it and he does well at what he does. He is a people person and he is a master bartender. He even got trained to twirl and flip the bottles. We will have to buy some cheap plastic ones to see if he can get his mojo back. I am smiling just talking about him. I am sure it will become a boring subject quickly, but I just didn't ever think I'd get lucky enough to have it really happen. I find myself not having to make any concessions or allowances about him because, it's just right. If this was my reason to be in Idaho, well Hallelujah. I am also being allowed to see my step daughter and have her come to stay with me. I love her as my own and so does everyone else.

So, he is starting to figure out my moods and my little signals. Today was a busy one. I washed some dishes, mopped, swept and whipped down kitchen cabinets. I also made a loaf of bread, it was a pre-set bread machine box and it was yummy country white. I did use my counter chair and mopped sitting for a while, but that's more for my back and my kitchen is pretty big. 

Off topic, I got another report about my awful hospital experience. I will talk about it one day, but it just makes me mad. I think I am going to go ahead and drop what I have at an attorney who has agreed to work with me and pick up my chart.They did substantiate that the facility was not handicapped accessible, so that's something. Now nobody saw a fall and I was just fighting to be pushed around. Jerks. Big Corporation....this is not over.

No comments:

Post a Comment