Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A truthful letter

Dear Jerk,

  I must say I am really confused because it was in lighthearted spirit that I asked if you'd be my valentine. You said," sure I'll be your valentine." So, I looked for a card that was nice, but not "for lovers" after all we barely know each other, I just happen to love holidays. I found a box of heart shaped junior mints, a box of conversation hearts and then, the fatal mistake I called you a couple of times to ask about your dogs, because I thought they'd get a treat too.

I laughingly referred to the number of calls as stalkerish. And well that did it. A woman who tried to be your valentine and wanted to include your dogs. I pushed myself too hard on you, living 8 hours away, my daughter called you today and wanted to know why you were being mean to me, but just hung up. So, I told you no, I did call last night as we got cut off and I didn't want you to think I hung up on you. I am not poor mannered.

So, I say  " no I didn't call" I did last night to make sure you knew I didn't hang up and you have the nerve to say to me, see ya' in a month.I don't believe you'll see me in a month and I honestly do not feel like you want to see me in a month. 

Yes, you have hurt my feelings and today I cried. I want a great big hug from someone who loves me and knows that I am still jojo, I may have a disease, but I am still a loving big hearted creature that deserves to be treated nicely. I don't deserve the standard blow off. Or even the quick um I gotta go in the store real quick bull shit. I am a beautiful woman and you just missed out on one of the best opportunities life had handed you.

I didn't want you to be a daddy to my children and I didn't want you to be my caretaker. I wanted you to be my friend. Maybe you have enough friends and do not need anymore. Instead you have made me cry and I have made myself cry by knowing that it hurt my feelings. I don't need a man to validate me. I just wanted to make some friends. I now know that was not the way. I will do adult things because I need to not to husband hunt. I certainly do not want another of those, but I can not help but believe in true love. I have seen too many examples. It exists and I do deserve it.

Maybe, one day the right person will come along, but for you buddy.... don't waste your time. You know you aren't interested so go find someone who meets your standards because you no longer meet mine.                                                                                         Sincerely, 

                                                                                                                               The Amazing JOJO

No comments:

Post a Comment